NEW RIGHTS AND GENETIC PRIVACY: JURIDICAL AND BIOETHICAL PROFILES
My work refers to all aspects of genetic data. I give a general overview of genetic data, genetic history, and genetic test classification.
I dedicate a chapter of this thesis to the use of genetic data in the scope of curative medicine, I discuss.
- Genetic counselling
- The importance of the patient’s consensus
- The various rights and laws on this subject
- New ethical and legal problems, for example the predictive genetic test
- The right to know or not to know the results
- The problem of incidental findings. (This is a term which relates to a discovery of other very important information whilst testing, this information is critical to the health of the patient or the genetic relatives of the patient. This result becomes known as a result of other genetic testing).
Another chapter talks about bio banks, in this case, I write about:
- The applicable current legislation
- The juridical nature of biological samples
- The leading cases of the genetic study of populations
There is also a chapter that discusses bio patents and genetic patients, in this chapter I also refer to bio ethical problems of embryo patents.
I have also dedicated a chapter to the new frontiers of new technology:
- Personalised Medicine
- Genetic Enhancement
- The Principles of Genetic Justice
- Genetic Medical Records
- Digital DNA
The book is available here (and also on amazon sites of other countries)